It feels as though, in the last few days we have all been forced to take a step back from our ‘normal’ lives and plunged into an unknown. In that space, we at Edventure have been reflecting on how we can continue to can come together (even if not physically) to work towards our mission.
We are following official advice to avoid social contact and beyond that, we also want to re-orient ourselves to be of service in these unprecedented times. We are exploring ways to support social connection whilst socially isolating. We are re-focusing all our courses, events and projects towards what is most needed now.
We welcome your suggestions, comments and thoughts. Please email [email protected]
- Our flagship Edventure Start-Up Course will not continue with the creation of a Community Bike Workshop. Instead, the team is exploring ways to help with the current situation. They are listening to what people most feel they need here in Frome. Please do comment here with your suggestions.
- Our upcoming short courses will be moving online until further notice, and this also means that we are able to offer them to everyone, worldwide, for free. You’re welcome to sign up to any/all of them.
- MAKE: Shed Frome has been postponed until further notice. We are seeking ways to create an online space for young adults to meet and create together.
- SHARE – A Library of Things is now closed. Our team are exploring ways that we can continue to support SHARE-ing in Frome throughout the coming weeks. Your suggestions are very welcome.
- Community: Fridge Frome is now closed. The volunteers who run it are committed to continuing pick-ups from local supermarkets and are currently exploring how this food can be distributed locally – we will update you in due course.
Many of us are experiencing this as a time of loss, grief and endings. Can we also come together to create new beginnings and new ways to support each other?