For many of us, the global pandemic has brought into focus the things that matter and the things that really don’t. We have felt hope that we can create the change the planet needs. Now, it is essential that we build back stronger, kinder, greener.
If you have a great idea to start-up (or scale-up) a project that can support a green and fair recovery from the pandemic, then join us for this ‘whistle stop tour.’
- Get crystal clear on your big vision for your business, your life and the positive impact you want to have
- Put together a business plan – a real, actionable plan for how to get you from where you are now, to where you want to be
- Think about your strengths and how you can use them in your business, any gaps you might have, and how they could be filled
- Create a ‘lean start-up’ plan that you can action straight away to allow you to test out your idea
- Learn the basics of marketing your idea
- And so much more!
Please be aware that this really is a bootcamp – an intense, action-oriented day. It’s about getting on and getting it done. By the end of the day, you could have your fully-fledged living, breathing business plan.
Jen Gale of Founder of Sustainble-ish.
Jen has years of experience as an ethical business coach, blogger, author and champion of all things #imperfectlygreen. She is a really passionate believer in the power that we all have, to change the world. She is author of The Sustainable(ish) Living Guide, and The Sustainable(ish) Guide to Green Parenting.
During the pandemic, Jen hosted The Sustainable(ish) Online Festival 2020 which brought together (virtually) thousands of people who engaged, supported each other, and took action.
Jen says, “My aim is to empower you to just get started. You don’t need to jump from where you are now to full-on vegan, bike riding, yurt dwelling crusty. All you need to give is give a monkey’s about the future our kids are facing, and want to do your bit. I’ll help you work out what those bits are, and how you can fit them into your life”.
What to Bring
Please bring a pen & paper, a packed lunch.
- This event is funded for residents of the county of Somerset of all ages.
- There is a £5.00 booking fee. Please, #nomorenoshows.
- Our funding does not cover BANES, Bath and Bristol. For a full list of eligible towns/postcodes click here.
- Booking is essential.
- We will ask you to complete some paperwork and feedback forms.
For the time being, we have created only 12 tickets for each these w/shops. If they are fully booked, please join the waitlist. We are awaiting further information and will release more tickets (on a first-come, first-served basis) if possible.
Covid-19 Safety Policies and Procedures:
We are taking safety very seriously. As the situation evolves, so will our approach. At the current time…
Venue: We will be at Frome Town Hall with support from Frome Town Council. Risk assessments will be performed and strictly adhered to. As the situation evolves, we may need to switch venue/move online.
Participant Responsibilities: We all have a critical role to play in keeping each other safe. We will email you an update before the course outlining what precautions we all need to take. For the time-being please be prepared to:
- bring your own face-covering and wear it throughout.
- use hand sanitiser each time you enter/exit the meeting room.
- keep 1+ metre physically distant from others at all times.
- stay home on the day if you have any symptoms (fever, tiredness, a new or continuous cough, loss of smell/taste).
- self-certify on arrival that you do not have symptoms, have not been diagnosed with or had direct contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days.
Cancellations: The booking fee is non-refundable. If you need to cancel and let us know at least 3 days prior to the event we will be happy to transfer your booking to another of our short courses.
Please support us by cancelling ASAP if you can no longer come. Edventure Short Courses are always fully booked and often waitlisted. If we end up with an empty seat in the room it impacts our ability to meet our funding requirements.
If you have any questions/feedback/concerns about any of our courses, please do let us know by email to [email protected] or by phone on 075480 14066.
Feedback from past Edventure Short Courses:
“…It was run brilliantly and really well attended. As always there was a great mix of people of all ages, backgrounds and reasons for being there. The courses are always well-run, really interesting and accessible. I’m always amazed by the quality and experience of the teachers. I’m doing three courses at the moment – all brilliant”.
“Just spent 2 days learning what they do, why they do it and how they are inspiring other communities to take up the challenge too. Such fantastic course design, people skills and imagination! Engaging young adults, helping inspire entrepreneurship, building community! What’s not to love?!”
“Really inspiring, reinforcing and positive. Great presentation with pace and focus and enough humour to entertain too. Still thinking about it all and will keep doing so for a long time. Thanks for a lovely and helpful course!”
“Really interesting and rewarding morning. Will be looking out for other courses and the Hub space is amazing”.
“A breath of fresh air. The facilitator was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and action orientated but with plenty of interest in the needs and expectations of the group. A very motivating and worthwhile few hours!”
“Loved it…gave me so much clarity on how to be more strategic! ”
“A truly supportive, inspiring & creative environment..!”