Join us for an interactive walking tour of Edventure: Frome and our local initiatives. This is a warts-and-all opportunity to experience Edventure first-hand. We’ll share the history, context and vision of our journey – both successes and failures.
Learn about our experiential approach to building community enterprise and visit some of our groups and enterprises where you’ll get the opportunity to meet the people responsible on the ground, ask the questions that are important to you and receive honest, nuts & bolts answers.
The tour will take you to:
- Edventure: Frome – a school for community enterprise. You will have the opportunity to speak with some of our students
- The Welsh Mill Hub – a shared workspace and community venue for Frome
- SHARE: A Library of Things
- Remakery: Frome – a place for doers, fixers, makers and breakers
- Community Fridge: Frome – community fridges are popping up all over the country – but we were the first!
- The Frome Women’s Shed – making and mending things together, for themselves and for our community
- Edspace Living – A flexible, affordable and quality shared living solution by Edventure
- Free to Frome Residents
- £35 per person living outside of Frome
After the tour there will be an optional lunch and continuing conversation at The Good Heart – a one-year pop-up in the centre of Frome dedicated to exploring kindness. It is currently occupied by Tibetan Memories a friendly, affordable cafe serving home-cooked Tibetan food. An adult meal is £5. It is also possible to sponsor a meal for someone else via their Pay-It-Forward scheme.
- This tour is timed to be on the Monday after the Frome Independent Market.
- If you would be interested in extending your tour for longer, we will also be running short courses connected to Community Enterprise at Edventure from the following Tuesdays.
- Some of these facilities do not have disabled access.
- We will be walking between venues which are all located close to each other and we will walk at a leisurely pace.
Can’t do this date, or looking for something more bespoke?
If you can get a group together, contact us to discuss how we can do a tour especially for you. Please note this is only if you have a group, or are able to pay group costs; sadly we can no longer afford to do 1-2-1 private tours.