How To Photograph Your Product for the Web
In this ½ day workshop, photographer and visual communicator Naomi Wood (http://www.naomi-wood.com/) provides practical skills and tips for photographing your business.
Designed for makers and small business owners who are self-employed, are running social and community enterprises and want to make a difference in the community. This course aims to empower, by arming you with the critical skills you need to photograph your craft, service or product and start selling. And will stimulate thoughts and discussions on visual direction and communication.
The course is suitable for makers and small business owners with little or no photography skills and the focus will be on capturing strong and engaging imagery for those with more imagination than money.
Over the course of 4 hours we will cover the following:
- A brief talk from Naomi on how to begin to market yourself through imagery drawing on her experience as a visual communicator.
- Practical session on the basics of photography and how to photograph a selection of products.
- Tutorial on simple editing techniques and image handling.
- A group discussion and feedback session about your current visual direction and where you want to progress to. Naomi will provide feedback based on the images you have brought along.
Naomi Wood. http://www.naomi-wood.com/about/
What to Bring:
The practical session will be taught on Naomi’s DSLR and iPhone, but please bring along:
- Your own camera and laptop if you have them and we will try to incorporate these.
- Examples of images that inspire you or represent your visual direction.
- If you have them, images that you have already take of your product, craft or service.
- If you are able to, examples of your product or craft.
This event is free to all ages and all UK residents, but booking is essential. We will ask you to complete some paperwork and feedback forms. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to call us on 07548 014066 (9am-1pm Mon – Fri). This event is made possible thanks to funding from Somerset Skills and Learning.
Feedback from past Edventure Short Courses:
“…It was run brilliantly and really well attended. As always there was a great mix of people of all ages, backgrounds and reasons for being there. The courses are always well-run, really interesting and accessible. I’m always amazed by the quality and experience of the teachers. I’m doing three courses at the moment – all brilliant”. Anna
“Just spent 2 days learning what they do, why they do it and how they are inspiring other communities to take up the challenge too. Such fantastic course design, people skills and imagination! Engaging young adults, helping inspire entrepreneurship, building community! What’s not to love?!” Ella
“Really inspiring, reinforcing and positive. Great presentation with pace and focus and enough humour to entertain too. Still thinking about it all and will keep doing so for a long time. Thanks for a lovely and helpful course!” Zainab
“Really interesting and rewarding morning. Will be looking out for other courses and the Hub space is amazing”. Jane
“A breath of fresh air. The facilitator was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and action orientated but with plenty of interest in the needs and expectations of the group. A very motivating and worthwhile few hours!” Peter
“Loved it…gave me so much clarity on how to be more strategic! ” Milda
“A truly supportive, inspiring & creative environment..!” Frances