Join this practical 11 week course in community entrepreneurship and learn how to turn ideas into reality, gain lots of transferable skills, meet friends, grow confidence, and boost a local community enterprise. Open to those who learn best by doing and are up for a challenge.
This course is for you if:
- you want to build skills, gain experience, and establish a supportive network;
– or you feel stuck in your job and are looking for a livelihood that matters to you;
– or you need a confidence boost, perhaps when returning to work after a break;
– or you’re an entrepreneurial spirit and wish to learn how to bring your ideas to life;
– or you want to have fun, forge meaningful connections, and have a positive impact in the world
Can we extend the concept of libraries of books to libraries of things? Imagine a library where you could borrow anything from tools to toys to clothes. Or a fridge where anyone in the community could share extra food that would otherwise go to waste. But what about unavoidable food waste? Should we send it miles away to be composted or keep it in Frome and create jobs? Share Shop, the Community Fridge, and Loop are just some of the successful Frome community initiatives born from past Start-up challenges. Now, we’re looking for our next team to work on our next Start-Up challenge, creating an enterprise that will boost Frome’s vibrancy, sustainability, fairness, and community spirit. Interested?