Job Opportunity at Edventure Frome – April 20th Application deadline
SHARE – A Library of Things
Our most recent group of apprentices is currently setting up “Share – a library of things” in a shop on the hight street in Frome, due to open April 30th. We are recruiting for a freelance manager who will take over the running of SHARE from our apprentices. The Job description is below. Application deadline is Monday, April 20th, interviews will be held on Wednesday, April 22nd. The handover / start date is Thursday 30th of April.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested and what you could bring to the position to Johannes Moeller: email@example.com
For more information on the project, please visit the SHARE facebook page: www.facebook.com/sharealot
Share Manager Job description
Flexible, free-lance contract with Edventure Frome.
Salary: £ 8/hr
Hours of Work: 21 hours per week
Start date: April 30th, 2015.
Days of work: flexible, between Wednesdays and Saturdays during shop opening hours (tbc).
Responsible to: Energy and Recycling Officer, Frome Town Council
The purpose of the role
- The shop manager will have direct responsibility for managing the Share Shop. This will include day to day running of the shop, recruiting and managing volunteers, recruiting and dealing with members, accounting and managing the shop’s budget and income and promotion. The shop is being set up to:
- Promote and develop the sharing economy in Frome, i.e. increase the number of items shared and people participating
- Reduce embodied carbon and waste
- Increase community cohesion through members getting to know one another / supporting each other through sharing resources
- Increase access for all, especially those on lower incomes, to a range of quality items
- Promote repair and re-use where possible
- Develop a replicable, sustainable model which other towns can follow
- Success will be measured by the extent to which the job has enabled the project to meet these objectives.
SHARE has been set up by Frome Town Council and Edventure, working in partnership with other organisations such as Sustainable Frome and the Cheese and Grain. The shop is a pilot and the terms of the lease mean that we can be asked to vacate the premises with a month’s notice. Experience of charity leases elsewhere indicates this doesn’t often happen but this eventuality needs to be incorporated into the design of the project i.e. it needs to be easily transferrable – physically and or virtually (i.e. through sharing platforms such as Streetbank).
Main responsibilities and key tasks
The Shop Manager will be responsible for: