Marketing and Communications Lead
We are looking for an inspiring individual and passionate communicator to help spread our message and raise our profile across a wide range of audiences; from local school leavers to national funders and potential corporate partners.
Edventure is very active across social media, as well as PR and press. Our marketing aims to attract customers to our wide range of courses and events, and help communicate our core messages.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing multiple channels and platforms, have excellent organisational skills, strong relationship building skills, and be able to work at pace across teams and with partners.
- Work with the CEO and colleagues to develop a communications strategy that supports business needs as well as delivering exciting and engaging story-telling about Edventure’s own achivements and the power of social enterprise .
- Overall responsibility for all outgoing marketing communications. This includes paid & organic digital marketing campaigns via our 18 social media channels; managed via a social media management tool. As well as ensuring our offers are visible by listing on Eventbrite, Facebook, our own website, external calendars and niche social groups.
- Ongoing improvement of customer journey; from initial contact to end of course feedback ensuring that Edventure webpages are clear, up to date and drive participants to our courses.
- Respond to incoming inquiries on social media.
- Coordinate with other staff to create new and interesting content (i.e. quarterly newsletters, platform listings, press-releases, blogs, course listings).
- Planning a programme of face to face presentations and community engagement opportunities.
- Managing our customer data-bases and photo archives.
- Building/maintaining relationships with partners to communicate our messages and fill our offerings.
- Lead on brand consistency and implementation.
This is a challenging and important role. It requires a well organised and motivated individual who can navigate the local community, as well as wider audiences and partnerships.
- Managing communications strategy and delivery with budget responsibilities
- Setting up & running communication platforms (website, social media)
- Organising community based events / conferences
- Providing support to community projects or enterprises, or advising/coaching people in delivering communications
Skills, knowledge & qualifications
- Ability to develop engaging stories and narratives to work with diverse groups of people.
- Broad knowledge and awareness of change initiatives in the community sector.
- Degree Level or equivalent
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
Competencies & behaviours
- Empathy of needs and understanding what really matters to people in our community.
- Ability to enthuse, work well with others and work independently.
- Ability to build relationships and networking.
- High level of competence in managing staff, contractors, and partners.
- Being organised and able to juggle a broad variety of tasks
32 hours a week
Starting salary 27k-£28k pro rata
Permanent, employed position, including pension benefits
Flexible working hours
Occasional evening work will be required
Send CV and Cover letter including examples of social media campaigns or communication strategies to email@example.com
Key dates: Application deadline Monday 6th February; Interviews on Friday 17th February 2023